Friday, March 11, 2011

Step by step....

Inch by inch....

My first job interview. I was very prepared, thanks to my friend at Job and Family Services. She assigned me the task of writing answers to the fifty questions you should expect at a job interview. I think they might have asked three of them.

But it did go very well, and I expect to be asked back for the second interview. They are doing three interviews. Wow. Never been through 3 interviews before, especially for a receptionist/customer service position, but I guess they want to get it right.

Okay, you've got one minute to convince me why I should hire you. Go.

It is such a nerve-wracking and demoralizing process. I sometimes want to ask them if they'd like to check my teeth before I sing and dance. I think there should be a law that all people should be hired based on their resume, sight unseen, no interview.

Life is so happy in my rose-colored world.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite question to ask, whether I'm the interviewer or the interviewee is, "What do you read?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, actually, this is Gale Freeman. I'm on my BF's computer.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get asked to list books I've read in the last six months when I applied at the local library. I wondered if they cared what the books were, or if they just wanted to know if I was a reader.

    ReplyDelete