Sunday, January 16, 2011

And the hunt begins....

I'm surprised to realize that I've already applied for 4 jobs. Then I realized that in the past 3-1/2 years I've been unemployed for 1-1/2 years. So I guess you could say I have a lot of practice.

I've already set up a folder in my Favorites list called Jobs and begun to fill it with web-sites to check regularly - two newspapers, two sites that combine ads from a lot of sources, two temp agencies, the federal and state government hiring sites, and companies for whom I would like to work.

I updated my resume, both the one I print out and the online versions on the various sites. I have contacted people that have agreed to be my references.

I started a spreadsheet to track the jobs I've applied for.

I'm practicing questions with Frank so when an interviewer asks me something unexpected, hopefully it won't be unexpected.

This is my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment