Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goals? What Goals??

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. -Sydney Smith

As is often true when we approach goals, I disappeared from here when I approached the subject. Yeah. Don't wanna do it. But I'm back. Also note: I haven't done a darn thing you could call constructive. Not surprisingly, I haven't gotten around to writing down the goals I have in mind for this idle period. So here they are.

1. I will walk, outside, in the village, six days a week, unless the weather is just incredibly awful.
2. I will take on a household project, over and above the usual house cleaning, six days a week. These projects will improve the house, and no project will necessarily takemore than one hour from my day.
3. I will write something in this blog every day.

So. Are these goals reachable? Absolutely. In fact, they're pretty puny, to be honest. But I've been pretty idle for a few years, so I have to start small.

Are they measurable? Yes. I think I'm able to tell if I walk, work, or write every day.

Are they relevant? Absolutely. Walking is essential to my health, physically and mentally. Household improvements are needed, and I've been putting them off for longer than I care to admit. Writing is needed for many reasons: I've been writing a book and suffering from writer's block, so I hope this blog will help to break it. Also it is suggested that I can refer a potential employer to a blog, showing that I haven't been idle during my time of unemployment.

So now that I've put them in writing, I guess I have to own up to myself and get busy.

See ya later....

No comments:

Post a Comment